THE HOUSE THAT ROMANS BUILT!
"The only municipal Sports Hall of Fame with its own museum in New York State."
The Rome Sports Hall of Fame and Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated
to honoring and preserving the great sports achievements of athletes of Rome, New York.
It has over 50 exhibits that capture the thrill and the achievements of Rome's gifted athletes
with pictures, trophies, uniforms and equipment depicting their days of glory.
The Rome Sports Hall of Fame pledges "To honor the pursuit of athletic excellence, recognize those who have excelled, preserve Rome's rich athletic heritage and provide you with a memorable experience."
The annual schedule of activities for the Rome Sports Hall of Fame and Museum include:
- Sports clinics
- Receptions and recognition of local youth sport champions in basketball, hockey, softball, baseball, and cheerleading
- Receptions and recognition of Rome City School District, Rome Catholic School, and New York State School for the Deaf athletes
- Special reception and recognition of teams that achieve State and National recognition
- Annual induction reception and dinner for Rome Sports Hall of Fame Museum Inductees along with recognition of community members who have given outstanding service to specific youth sports programs
- Annual William J. Coughlin Memorial recognition to community athletes whose "light shined far too briefly".
Upcoming Events for 2017
Perry Nizzi Soccer Clinic
Cost is $85 per player- Information and signup forms are available at the Rome City Recreation Dept office 2nd floor of City Hall
Saturday, July 22
25th Annual Golf Scramble
at Rome Country Club
Check-in time is 12:30pm
Shot-Gun Start at 1:00pm.
Four person teams will compete in Men’s, Women’s, and Coed categories. The Entry Fee of $75 per golfer includes Green Fees, Cart, Driving Range, Lunch, Dinner, Beverages on the Course, and Prizes.
Teams can consist of Men,Women or Co Ed
Support our Major Fundraiser
which provides funding for upkeep of the Hall and Museum,
insurance and improvements,
and our other activities.
Hole sponsorships are $35.00.
Consider donating items for prizes.
Applications are also available at the Rome Sports Hall Fame.
Annual Induction Ceremony
Inductees and Special Recognition Awards Reception at Hall at 2:30pm; open to the public (free admission)
Formal Induction Banquet to follow at the Beeches at 5:30pm.
Tickets will be available at the Hall of Fame; Ticket prices for the Banquet are $35 for adults and $15 for children.